A Year in a Glance

Its’s been exactly a year since I last posted on my blog. Life has been hectic and busy, with many ongoing changes.

For those of you who don’t know where I am now, I am no longer studying my postgraduate in Brisbane. I have graduated from university and went back home for 3 months. Only because I couldn’t find a job in Australia after my graduation. I had the most amazing 3 months with my parents although it was filled with uncertainty because I was jobless and had to rely on my parents for most things.

Eventually I landed a job in a small town called Mossman in Far North Queensland. When I had a Skype interview for the position, they asked me what I like to do to during my free time. I answered that I like the nature, so maybe walking around nature or along the beaches. They told me, oh I’ll love it here because Mossman is exactly that. I was excited and nervous to start off at a new place again, trying to make friends and get hold of my homesickness.

People would think by now I should have gotten used to it, unfortunately for me, it is never easy. It took me a year to call Brisbane my home, so I’m expecting a year for me to get used to Mossman too. If I thought living in Brisbane as a university student was a difficult place to make friends, Mossman is just a much more difficult place to make friends mainly because of its 1, 900 population and just how rural it is.

If I’m honest with myself, it isn’t all too remote, however, unlike Brisbane, they do not have buses or Uber to get to places in Mossman. I also do not own a car yet, thus it just makes me even more stranded that I have ever felt in Brisbane. Also, the fact that the town’s population mostly consisted of older people. I came to this town and stayed in the local pub for 2 months and made some friends, they made my weekends feel better.

Now, its been 4 months since I have been in Mossman, I spend my weekends at the pub, just watching some friends work and then get some work done. Every morning, I walk 1.3 kilometers to work and, on most days, I would get a ride back home from my colleagues because I’m just tired at the end of the day. Although Cairns is the nearest city to Mossman, I have only been there twice because I do not have a car yet. I am trying get a car loan approved for so I will have more freedom to go for long drives and discover places.

Career wise, I have learnt a lot being a full-time kindergarten teacher. I could reflect so much on my past 4 months, but I reckon that would be a different post entirely. Wait for it 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, time does not heal anything!

Marriage: Yay or Nay

Scribbles from the past